[vfio-users] Hyperthreading and kvm

José Ramón Muñoz Pekkarinen koalinux at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 17:02:37 UTC 2015

	Hi,

	I gave it a try today with no success. The launch command was:

/qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -vga cirrus -cpu host -smp 4,cores=4,threads=1
-m 4096 \
        -netdev user,id=user.0 -device e1000,netdev=user.0 \
        -usb -usbdevice tablet \
        -drive if=pflash,format=raw,readonly,file=/usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-
x64/OVMF_CODE-with-csm.fd \
        -drive if=pflash,format=raw,file=/usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-
x64/Windows_ovmf_vars_x64.fd \
        -drive
file=/dev/koalita/koalitavm,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,if=virtio

	I tried to launch it using the virtio disk, the ide disk, and empty disk
with the windows 7 installer, and even without disk to see if the cdrom
launchs ok.

	Best regards.

	José.