[vfio-users] KVM Nvidia Passtrough Code 43 and freezes

Jon Panozzo jonp at lime-technology.com
Fri Aug 28 16:23:21 UTC 2015

I did a lot of testing recently for Laszlo to help him diagnose the root cause.  Hoping he gets back to me when he gets back in town.  With Q35 + OVMF, I cannot get Windows to install (10 or 8.1).  The install media will boot if I use it on the USB or virtio-scsi bus, but the VM ends up crashing upon first reboot (the install actually starts and copies files, but upon first reboot, the VM crashes…every time).  This has nothing to do with VFIO/GPU pass through though, as it happens even using virtual graphics, so I’m going to stop writing now and spamming the rest of the mailing list with an unrelated topic ;-)

- Jon