[vfio-users] Virtual USB Keyboard and Mouse for guest?

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 22:34:48 UTC 2015

I don't want to be rude, but seriously, dude, are you stoned?
http://i.imgur.com/HREQQVF.png
We have that.. since the very beginning!
It works REALLY as you've described.
There are two minor problems, however.
First - that silly QEMU SDL or VirtManager VM window disables the surface
where it grabs the mouse(click-to-grab) when there's no emulated GPU
present. Well, i workaround that by adding a dead QXL device, which gets
turned off by windows automatically(i don't know why) when the real GPU
fires up. It works on bare QEMU and VirtManager too.
Second - you must add two mice, PS2 and USB. That way it almost never falls
off or lags in any games. Using either of those alone produces weird
lagging and even stalls in weird games like minecraft. This issue is
virt-manager specific, and may be machine specific.

Anyway, after adding a bunch of devices, i have a window that shows nothing
and can be resized to the smallest size. I click my mouse on the black
rectangle inside of it, and the mouse and keyboard controls are now grabbed
and passed to the guest.
The only keystroke i can't send is ctrl-alt-delete for some weird reason.
When i want to control the host system again, i follow the hint shon and
push the ctrl-alt-shift key combination and my controls are now free from
the VM.

I'm glad you didn't send that feature request to qemu-devel or qemu-discuss
mailing lists.