[vfio-users] Successfully pass-through Quadro K420 into Windows 7 guest.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 06:09:51 UTC 2015

Hello guys,

These days I'm trying to use VFIO on the Dell server, But not successful.
Even use GT730 as guest, I still got blank screen, even Seabios or OVMF.

However, this time I'm try to passthrough Quadro K420 on my X79 platform, I
got unexpectedly success.

In this case, I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 as Host OS, and only install latest
QEMU and libvirt, I wont use virt-manager this time.

Then I use my XML profile that I make before, launch VM by using virsh. And
K420 works great.

So maybe we got new chocie about low-level Quadro Series card passthrough
into VM.