[vfio-users] OVMF + OS X El Capitan + 970 gtx passthrough = Success

Andrew Morgan andrew.morgan4453 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:03:45 UTC 2015

So already I botched the Nvidia driver update, I decided to just
reinstall OSX over the same qemu disk file and start from 10.11.1 again.
I hadn't really installed much so getting everything back to the way it
was wasn't going to be much of an issue.

Interestingly enough, once I had installed over the original disk using
the OSX installer, it turned out all of my data was kept, applications
and everything, and even better, I was on 10.11.1!

So running the installer over your original install essentially
downgrades OSX. Pretty neat!

Hopefully this helps someone who needs to downgrade for whatever reason
and doesn't have a snapshot/backup.

Andrew Morgan