[vfio-users] USB passthrough failing on ovmf

Will Marler will at wmarler.com
Thu Dec 10 20:53:33 UTC 2015

I'm guessing this is hardware specific, and I have no useful information to
add. I pass through a USB mouse, and it works very smoothly.

"Works for me" isn't really helpful so .. the reason I'm responding is that
I used to pass through a USB headset, and it would work, but the audio
would be crackly (not bad, but ultimately I decided I needed clear sound).
I fixed this by getting a PCI USB card ($10 for a new 4-port USB 3.0 card
on eBay), and passing the whole PCI card through to the guest. Perhaps, if
your issue IS hardware specific, you could also get a PCI USB card, connect
your mouse to the new PCI card, and still pass through just the USB mouse
to the guest. It's a fairly inexpensive thing to try.

Will