[vfio-users] Successfully pass-through Quadro K420 into Windows 7 guest.

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Mon Dec 14 02:16:09 UTC 2015

> On Dec 14, 2015, at 09:05, Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Also, there is one thing need to tell.
>
> According from original Arch-linux discuss, Quadro driver doesn't need kvm=off function.
> But after few tests, I found that I still need to add kvm=off for K420, otherwise I can't get any output after Windows 7 bootup.

Hi Eddie,

If I recall correctly, Quadros or other enterprise cards are officially supported only as secondary display. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Since you have successfully passed it as the primary VGA and you still need to hide KVM CPUID. Can you try to pass it as a secondary display and try it without hiding KVM CPUID?

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah