[vfio-users] VCPU pinning without libvirt or root access.

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 00:50:19 UTC 2015

On Dec 29, 2015 5:48 PM, "Mark" <kram321 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to find the qemu command to pin VCPUs to certain
cores/threads, but my google skills are coming up short. Everything points
me to modifying a xml file (libvirt) or using virt-manager. The target
system does not use libvirt.

> The only other alternative I've found (from this mailing list) is to use
taskset in my qemu launch line, but that requires changes to CAP_SYS_NICE
capabilities to the user launching qemu which is not a possibility.

> Is there a direct configuration I can set to the qemu command line to tie
the VM to specific cores?

No, QEMU relies on other tools to do this