[vfio-users] Stuck.. some troubleshooting help appreciated

Tim Terhorst mynamewastaken at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:57:06 UTC 2015

On Nov 2, 2015 3:49 PM, "Tim Terhorst" <mynamewastaken at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> After spending a few days reading through the vfio blog, various guides,
and the google doc listing compatibility, I decided to give it a try.

> My hardware:
>
> Mobo: Asus H97M Anniversary
> Cpu: Intel i5-4440
> Discrete gfx: Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290] MSI
> Onboard Intel gfx
>
> lspci output: http://pastebin.com/emzyeVNW

Of course I hit send early.

I'd like to run onboard for the host, and pass through the R9 to the guest.

Host OS is currently antergos with the vfio kernel (I prefer fedora, but
whatever I can make it work with is fine).

I ran into the issue with vga arbitration as noted on the blog, and lost
DRI on the host. I also saw that my R9 didn't have a uefi bios.

The mobo is small enough that I don't really have room to plug in another
card. I don't mind buying additional or new hardware, but at this point I'm
unsure of what I need to make this work.

Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim