[vfio-users] Code 43 for GTX 660

Philip Abernethy chais.z3r0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:22:06 UTC 2015

I'm trying to get VGA passthrough working for my HTPC.

[Host]
CPU: Intel Core i5-4430
GPU: IGD
OS: Archlinux w/ stock kernel 4.2.5 in UEFI mode
cmdline opts: intel_iommu=on intel_iommu=igfx_off
Versions: qemu 2.4.0.1, libvirt 1.2.20
[Guest]
UEFI: OVMF
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
OS: Windows 10

Since I'm booting UEFI I figured I don't need the ACS patch. I installed
the guest OS just fine and the nvidia shows up in the hardware manager, but
due to code 43 never produces any output, even with the drivers (currently
358.50) installed.
As per Alex' tutorials I got rid of the <hyperv> tag, replaced it with the
<kvm> tag and removed the hypervclock timer in <clock>.
Here's the complete xml description: http://sprunge.us/IITA
I'm stymied, so any help is appreciated.
--
Chais