[vfio-users] Stuck.. some troubleshooting help appreciated

Tim Terhorst mynamewastaken at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 22:18:44 UTC 2015

On Nov 2, 2015 4:09 PM, "Janusz" <januszmk6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> W dniu 02.11.2015 o 22:57, Tim Terhorst pisze:
>>
>> On Nov 2, 2015 3:49 PM, "Tim Terhorst" <mynamewastaken at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > After spending a few days reading through the vfio blog, various
guides, and the google doc listing compatibility, I decided to give it a
try.

>> > My hardware:
>> >
>> > Mobo: Asus H97M Anniversary
>> > Cpu: Intel i5-4440
>> > Discrete gfx: Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290] MSI
>> > Onboard Intel gfx
>> >
>> > lspci output: http://pastebin.com/emzyeVNW
>>
>> Of course I hit send early.
>>
>> I'd like to run onboard for the host, and pass through the R9 to the
guest.

>> Host OS is currently antergos with the vfio kernel (I prefer fedora, but
whatever I can make it work with is fine).

>> I ran into the issue with vga arbitration as noted on the blog, and lost
DRI on the host. I also saw that my R9 didn't have a uefi bios.

>> The mobo is small enough that I don't really have room to plug in
another card. I don't mind buying additional or new hardware, but at this
point I'm unsure of what I need to make this work.

>> Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciated.
>>

> Search for not officiall uefi bios for your gpu. I found for my sapphire
r9 290 on some forum, and I know that sometimes support provides uefi bios
for gpus that doesn't support uefi if you ask them, just they don't support
it officially

I'll try that when I get home, thanks.