[vfio-users] problem with hugepages and sound

Janusz januszmk6 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:01:04 UTC 2015

W dniu 05.11.2015 o 01:14, Eddie Yen pisze:
> I'm still solving sound issue either, but for FPS problem, I saw your
> scripts.
> Seems like you didn't add Hyper-V functions on -cpu signs.
>
> It's necessary to delete Hyper-V functions if using NVIDIA GPU, but
> you're using AMD, so you can add Hyper-V functions on your -cpu sign.

I just tried with Hyper-V, (its now: -enable-kvm -m 8000 -cpu
host,hv_relaxed,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff,hv_vapic,hv_time  -smp
8,cores=4,threads=2,sockets=1) but I don't see any performance boost.
But I found that problem with sound is causing fps drops (its every 5-10
seconds) - turned off sound completely and don't get any fps drops. so
definitely will have to try Jack2 on VM  and host as I don't see any
other alternative to it now, and I read that it can run without such
delays over network.