[vfio-users] Using VFIO on OpenStack

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 01:29:38 UTC 2015

Yes, nova is VMM just like libvirt, I know nova isn't a hypervisor.
Also, I found this: http://osdir.com/ml/openstack-dev/2014-04/msg00022.html

"Actually, libvirt will automatically use VFIO if it is available on the
host OS
by default. This is the case with any recent Fedora and will thus be the
case
with forthcoming RHEL-7. So nova wouldn't have todo anything to enable use
of
VFIO - it is supposed to "just work"
when available."

According this, seems like nova can detect VFIO automatically and going to
use if available?