[vfio-users] AMD + Nvidia + WIn 8.1 + hv_vendor_id + QEMU GIT == hang on boot

David Sutton kantras at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 03:27:55 UTC 2015

A de Beus,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Okky Hendriansyah <okky at nostratech.com>
wrote:

> On November 9, 2015 at 20:12:55, A de Beus (anthony.debeus at gmail.com)
> wrote:
>
> There's been a problem since 4.16 on Arch, see
>
> Actually as far as I know the issue lies between KVM on kernel 4.2.x
> (probably 4.3.x also, haven’t tried it yet again) with OVMF implementation.
> Kernel 4.1.x so far is still working to use for OVMF (I’m currently at
> linux-lts-4.1.12 with a working VFIO/OVMF guest).
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> *Okky Hendriansyah*
>
> Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately I had already been bitten by the
Linux 4.2+ issue, which is why I am using the LTS release in the first
place (which, as Okky indicates, is a current workaround). This works as
long as I don't specify any Hyper-V parameters; the moment that I add them
it, it hangs on boot up. Since others on this list had seemed to have
success, I wanted to see if it was something that I was or wasn't doing in
my case.

Regards.

  David