[vfio-users] Passthrough possible with dual-GPU card?

Dan Ziemba zman0900 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 03:05:23 UTC 2015

Has anyone attempted to use vfio to pass through a video card with dual
chips, such as the R9 295x2?  I've been tempted to buy one, or maybe
wait for the Fury X2 (or whatever they end up calling it), but I'm
worried about the chances of it actually working with pass through.

I believe these cards are basically 2 GPUs and a PCIe switch on a
single board, and I think I read that vfio doesn't allow passing a
switch though, only the things connected to it.  Even if I were able to
pass the two individual GPUs through, I imagine the AMD drivers would
be confused about that.

Would crossfire even work if I had 2 normal cards to pass though?

Dan