[vfio-users] Safe to update kernel from 4.1.6 ?

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 04:48:30 UTC 2015

On Nov 20, 2015 4:01 AM, "Erik Adler" <erik.adler at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am compiling qemu and EDK2 from git with Linux 4.1.6. Is it safe to
> start updating my kernel again? A few weeks ago when I did so the
> guest seemed to be stuck in a boot loop.

Kernels 4.3.x and 4.4.x aren't yet available on Fedora(except rawhide), so
the only viable kernel for Fedora is 4.1.13-fc21 from Fedora 21 release.
Sadly, F21's EOL is somewhere in december.
In order to use that kernel you have to download all the needed packages
from koji build system and install them using `rpm -ivh --oldpackage
filename.rpm`.

Just in case someone needs it.