[vfio-users] Checking for EFI and general questions

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:18:59 UTC 2015

On Nov 20, 2015 8:44 PM, "Ryan Flagler" <ryan.flagler at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that would be a wise idea. You may be able to find some
threads on generating a UEFI bios, but I've never ventured down that road
myself.

I've only found information about AMD's universal EFI GOP driver.
You can decompress the rom by some tool and get yourself an .efi file. Then
you can try combining it with your ROM via EfiRom, BUT: it is unknown what
this efi driver consists of, if there are important stuff like voltages or
clocks you might fry your card.

Seatch thoroughly, there should be a normal ROM with efi since my gt610 has
it despite being a low end second-way rebrand card(4xx->520->610).

You can also add an emulated GPU and install the guest drivers which
eliminate the need of GOP, you'll just have to boot the guest without video
output until the driver loads.