[vfio-users] Arch linux-vfio 4.3 testing

Dan Ziemba zman0900 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 20:32:30 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-11-21 at 12:56 -0500, Mark Weiman wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-11-04 at 17:19 -0500, Dan Ziemba wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-11-04 at 14:13 -0800, globalgorrilla at fastmail.fm
> > wrote:
> > > Cool. Would you consider posting just the patch inline?
> >
> > Sure, patches are attached.
>
> I just threw together the package and installed it and the screen
> just
> sits black.  My system uses an Intel iGPU.
>
> Mark Weiman

Do you use OVMF for your guest?  There is a known problem with that
with kernels newer than 4.1.  I have been experimenting with a patch
that is going into 4.4 and I at least got some different behavior where
the guest will get to the windows booting screen and eventually start
showing the spinner in slow motion, but never actually boots.  I
actually left it on all night last night and it just sat there with
vcpu0 pegged at 100% but never finished booting.

Patch I am referring to:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/kvm/msg123351.html

Maybe it will at least work for someone else?  Patch against my
PKGBUILD is attached.

Dan