[vfio-users] Arch linux-vfio 4.3 testing

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Wed Nov 25 00:06:25 UTC 2015

On November 24, 2015 at 04:30:37, Dan Ziemba (zman0900 at gmail.com) wrote:
I also tried out 4.4 rc1 and got basically the same results as 4.3 with
the patch.  Diff is attached - based of the previous 3 patches being
applied.

Hi Dan,

I’ve managed to make my guest boots but without VGA arbitration patch on linux-mainline 4.3.0. As per your initial email, the original patch didn’t work for linux 4.3.0, so I skip the patch completely and only apply the ACS override patch and the obey CR0 patch that you linked before. I haven’t compare the CPU performance between linux-mainline 4.3.0 and linux-lts 4.1.13 though, will test it again probably tonight.

My kernel based on linux-mainline-4.3 (I can’t go further than 4.3 right now, as my guest image are on ZFS on Linux which is currently only supports up to kernal 4.3), and I just change the PKGBUILD slightly to add the necessary patches. I also use the latest OVMF from Gerd’s Jenkins repo and QEMU-git (2.4.91)

Can you send me just your new i915_317.patch file? I’m a little bit confused looking at your previous attachments. I have an Intel HD 4600 machine, but I need to setup a Seabios guest first, since currently I only have Windows 10 on OVMF.

--
Okky Hendriansyah