[vfio-users] Passthrough VGA on first slot

Pedro Henrique Lara Campos pedro.laracampos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:00:38 UTC 2015

 Hello masters of vfio. I've been playing with vfio for 3 weeks now, and
here is a resume of what i got: When I put my loved GTX780 on the second
pci-e slot of my GA-970A-DS3P everything works on Windows (guest) while my
Linux (host) stays comfortable with a Radeon HD 6670.
But, as I wouldn't be writing this email if nothing was wrong, my second
pci-e slot is "PCIEX4" only, I believe that's because my FPS goes down and
HDMI audio keeps crackin. I had to change the slots, my bios doesn't have
an option to choose which GPU to use, so it uses the GTX, GRUB does it too,
then gpu gets binded by modprobe and I have no video until XOrg starts on
Radeon, if I start qemu, I've get:
  "vfio_ecap_init: 0000:01:00.0 hiding ecap 0x19 at 0x900"
  "BAR 3 mmap unsupported. Performance may be slow"
  "vfio-pci 0000:01:00.0: Invalid ROM contents"
No video on GTX, Windows boots normally, I can even hear notifications
sounds, I can turn it off through "system_powerdown".
Tried using a romfile, it only makes the third message goes away, no other
thing changes...