[vfio-users] cpu core pinning with multiple cpus

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 16:31:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply!
> So the suggestion is keep both commands in the XML file, and create the
> script that make XML forwarding to that script.

The two examples I've given are completely independent of each other.  You
can either specify the entire -cpu parameter as a <qemu:arg>, which makes
some of the xml entries redundant, but doesn't cause any problems, OR you
can use a wrapper script and enable hyperv via the normal xml options, the
wrapper simply adds the new option.

> As libvirt not support yet, I can launch VM by using virsh only, or I can
> launch it on virt-manager either?

Either of the methods I describe above will work with either virsh or
virt-manager.