[vfio-users] Cannot fix Error 43 for GTX 680 passed through to win 10 guest

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 14:10:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Blank Field <ihatethisfield at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes. You will need the freshest builds and also a namespace string if
> you're using libvirt.
> On Oct 5, 2015 4:48 PM, <root at yoshi.dynu.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, i guess you are talking about the 'hv_vendor_id' flag?
>>
>> usage would be, for example : qemu-system-x64_86 -cpu
>> host,hv_vendor_id=deadbeef , correct?
>>
>> my qemu version is not recognizing the flag so i am compiling the latest
>> version from git right now. If i am correct this patch had just been added?

The patch was just proposed on Friday, it's not in the tree yet, you'll
need to patch it in yourself for now.  I suspect it won't make any
difference in this case since you don't appear to be enabling anything that
would expose hyper-v extensions to the VM.  Hyper-v is not the only cause
of Code 43, this is not a magic bullet for every Code 43 issue.  In this
case we're not sure what the driver is for the GT210 and whether it's
interacting with the guest cards before vfio_pci gets them.  There's the
use of the ACS override that can cause random issues.  The use of the i915
change, which appears completely unnecessary in this config.  And q35,
which is really never needed for windows guests.