[vfio-users] Resume a suspended/sleeping guest from the guest side

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 14:44:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 03:39 +0200, Erik Adler wrote:
> I would really like to be able to resume a suspended/sleeping guest
> from the guest side. Is there anyway to be able to do that? Non
> technical people that do not have access to the host need to be able
> to start their Windows10 clients.

If you're using USB passthrough rather than assignment, have you thought
about monitoring /dev/input on the host and translating that into virsh
wakeup calls?  A suspended VM doesn't have hardware running to wake it
from sleep like a real physical system does.  What benefit are you
hoping to achieve by suspending the VM?  This is not really a vfio-users
question unless you want to talk about how a vfio assigned device could
wake a VM, but I don't have an answer for you there either.