[vfio-users] How to choose a compatible motherboard?

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 01:52:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 4:13 AM, Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not really need E5 series.
> As my platform, I got i7 4820K and MSI X79A-GD45+, it works perfect with
> VFIO.

Does your processor have ACS too?  I have a Xeon E3 and it works perfectly
for my configuration despite the lack of ACS because I know its
limitations.  I also recognize that those limitations aren't going to
satisfy everyone.  Please do not recommend arbitrary configurations without
enumerating the capabilities and limitations.