[vfio-users] How to choose a compatible motherboard?

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 03:03:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Alex Williamson <
alex.l.williamson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So my guess is right, X series platform is liked E5 series platform, only
>> different customer target.
>> X series got some same features as E5, only difference is some server
>> features.

Maybe a little less guesswork:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-technical-resources.html

High-end Intel® Core™ i7 Processors on LGA2011-3 Socket
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-i7-lga2011-3-datasheet-vol-2.html

This specifically lists Access Control Services in the datasheet, so based
on this and what those of you with these processors are reporting, they
definitely appear to be an alternative to Xeon E5.