[vfio-users] OVMF + Os X

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 18:52:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:39 PM, francesco dicarlo <evilsephiroth at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Some questions :
>
> 1)Is it possibile to manage this on libvirt? vga none doesn't seem an
> acceptable value when editing with virsh. If i remove video tag, next
> opening cirrus is there. I would like to use also virtual existing
> networks... Libvirt is opening tap device when booting a vm...

You can add the x-vga option via a wrapper script:

http://vfio.blogspot.com/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-5-vga-mode.html

No matter what anyone says, do NOT use a <qemu:args> option to add the
vfio-pci devices.  Change the QEMU binary in the wrapper script to the
binary within the <emulator> tag in your xml and change the <emulator> tag
to point to the wrapper.  If you have new enough libvirt you can also
configure the root ports in the xml (not likely virt-manager support yet),
otherwise you can add those via a wrapper script as well.  I imagine
there's support for many of the other options in libvirt already, maybe
some you'll need to resort to stuffing them in the wrapper or using
<qemu:args>.