[vfio-users] VM doesn't boot, hangs with R9 Fury passthrough

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:57:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Matti Niemenmaa <
matti.niemenmaa+vfio at iki.fi> wrote:

> DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFN 0xfea00 already set (to c7d9c3003 not
> 383feea00083)

This means that we're trying to map an IOVA, expecting the existing page
table entry to be zero, but it's not.  There is tracing you can enable in
QEMU, see docs/tracing.txt.  I generally use the stderr backend and for
this, tracing "trace_vfio_listener*" ought to show the mappings.  There's
also tracing on the kernel side that could make sure QEMU and kernel have
the same mappings.