[vfio-users] testing request: quirks

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 21:00:46 UTC 2015

Hey folks,

I've been re-writing the QEMU vfio-pci quirks to be cleaner as well as
more extensible and maintainable.  I think that I have not regressed
anything and my testing agrees, but there are more of you than me.
These quirks are mostly what makes AMD and Nvidia GPU assignment work
(plus rtl NICs, but that only seems to work for the one NIC on my
motherboard anyway).

For those of you who are able and familiar with building an running
upstream QEMU, I'd appreciate your testing feedback.  The branch is
available here:

https://github.com/awilliam/qemu-vfio 20150903-quirks

You can either clone this directly and checkout the branch:

$ git clone git://github.com/awilliam/qemu-vfio qemu-vfio.git
$ git checkout 20150903-quirks

Or if you have an existing QEMU git clone, you can add me as a remote
and checkout the branch:

$ git remote add qemu-vfio git://github.com/awilliam/qemu-vfio
$ git remote update qemu-vfio
$ git checkout qemu-vfio/20150903-quirks

I'd appreciate any testing and feedback.  If you do test it, please
report back along with the assigned device, the guest OS, and for GPUs
whether they're being used with x-vga=on or not.  Also note that I don't
expect any improvements that will have fixed anything not previously
working.  If you think you've found a regression, the above branch is
based on QEMU 2.4.0, so please carefully verify whether the issue is
really a regression or the current state of QEMU.  Thanks!

Alex