[vfio-users] More questions

ALG Bass olorin12 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 19:01:03 UTC 2015

I have a few more questions.
First off, this is the hardware for the computer I'm going to build next
month:

AMD FX 8350
ASUS M5A99FX R2.0 motherboard
16 gb Kingston HyperX Fury RAM (1866 ghz)
MSI GTX 750 ti Twin Frozr (It's the card I have in my current PC - going to
use it as host gpu)
MSI R9 380 4G Gaming (guest gpu)
Antec 750W power supply
various other irrelevant hardware

I looked through the lists of compatible and working hardware, and it all
looks good to me. Anyone notice any foreseeable problems?

I have a monitor that has DVI and HDMI inputs, with no speakers or audio
outputs. I have external speakers.

I watched this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi1LdFkRzIs
and he's got his Windows guest running in a window on his only monitor, on
the Linux desktop. How does he do that? Is he running a VNC? Is it
difficult to set up?
Also, if I was able to do that, would I be able to get audio working on
both the guest and host through one set of speakers?
And if I couldn't do that, would I be able to use one of those USB sound
cards and pass it through for guest audio?

Thanks!