[vfio-users] vga pass-thru and different gfx cards.

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 22:06:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Torbjorn Jansson <
torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:

> On 2015-09-10 20:04, Blank Field wrote:
>
>> http://rghost.net/6xrSNp29W
>> Here's my gigabyte stock GT610 ROM which appear to support UEFI.
>> It came with the card.
>> I am unable to upload it to TPU since i can't boot windows with the card
>> fully enabled(installing nvidia and AMD drivers on the same system
>> provides
>> !!UNKNOWN RESULTS!! as in !!FUN!!) - i've got this rom using envytools.
>>
>> the rom file is alot larger than the roms i have read out from my cards
> both via linux and gpu-z under windows.
> my rom files for gt610 is around 60kb and your file was exactly 1mb.

Kinda looks like it's repeated a number of times.

0x0 - legacy
0xf400 - efi
0x20000 - legacy
0x2f400 - efi
0x40000 - legacy
0x4f400 - efi
0x60000 - legacy
0x6f400 - efi

0x20000 = 128k, so you could probably dd just the first set and use that
(dd if=GT610ROM.ROM of=GT610ROM.ROM2 bs=1k count=128).  The entire last
512k of the file is useless.