[vfio-users] After CPU pinning with libvirt, performance hasn't improved

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:25:43 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Garrett Powell <
garretttracypowell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I went back and read your post from last week, and tried setting things up
> in the way you described there. I also used hugepages and "nohz_full=".
> Still, my benchmarks with CPU-Z are no different and I'm still getting
> sub-par performance in-game.

I hadn't seen that GPU-Z even had a benchmark tab. I can make the number
for my processor double by running:

# echo 100 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/min_perf_pct

on the host (you might want to take note of the original value first so you
can restore it later).  Maybe frequency scaling and how to disable it to
run the processors all out should be your next point of investigation.