[vfio-users] Dedicated forum for VFIO @ https://virtualkvm.com

Erik Adler erik.adler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:30:09 UTC 2015

Hi Ethan,
There are a few backgroupd checks going on when registering. Using the
ip2location database your timezone is detected from your ip and then
compared with your local TZ.

>From your UA (hopefully not spoofed) your “OS” is compared with the
one uname gives.

Also the week is noted. Two hash functions are compared. One from the
cmd printf %s $(date +%:z%V$(uname))|shasum|sed 's/\W//g' and the
other from the backend. They need to match.

This should do the following.

* Prevent using vpns and other proxies thx to the TZ.
* Prevent registering with a non Linux based computer.
* Prevent using the same hash function for longer then a week.

The point is to keep bots and causal Windows users from registering.
ofc you can use w/e you like to use after registering.

If you want to see what the backend is seeing I just tossed this up for you  :)

https://virtualkvm.com/iptest.php

If you still cant register please let me know. There very well could
be a problem that I need to correct.

All the best
onryo