[vfio-users] VFIO + ZFS build

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Tue Sep 15 07:22:15 UTC 2015

I once put the ZFS workload on a dedicated Debian VM that I passthrough my IBM M1015 into. Worked very well although I had this message about the controller’s BIOS at first and then I had to pass the rom file on the QEMU command line. The Debian VM could see all my disks just as on my native (opening Disk Utility resulting the same). I wouldn’t recommend passing through the onboard SATA controller to a VM, unless the motherboard has additional SATA controller like Marvell or ASmedia such that I can put the Hypervisor OS on the Intel/AMD SATA controller and Marvel/ASmedia SATA controller passed through to a VM.

--
Okky Hendriansyah