[vfio-users] Framebuffer intercept: is it possible?

Wynter Woods zerotri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:15:43 UTC 2015

I've been wondering about this a lot lately. Possibly by rewriting nouveau/any other gpu driver to support a framebuffer/read only state? I realize there would end up being a few differences between how Windows handles state and how we handle state on Linux but it shouldn't be so vastly different that it wouldn't be usable.

My knowledge of gpu driver architecture is limited though so take these thoughts with a grain of salt.

—
Sent from Mailbox