[vfio-users] problem with passthrough and unsafe interrupts

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:47:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Janusz <januszmk6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> W dniu 17.09.2015 o 17:32, Alex Williamson pisze:
>
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Blank Field <ihatethisfield at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> FAN! NO FANS ALLOWED IN MY CASE!
>> GV-N610SL-1GI
>> The silent one. However, i think they're the same card.
>>

> Isn't a GT610 Fermi-based?  Why would you buy one of those now vs a GT7*0
> that typically has more cores, often lower power, and is Kepler-based?
> Unfortunately I'm not spotting any low-end Maxwell based cards.
>
> do you know GT7*0 that would support uefi, 3 monitors and be at similar
> price? Like I said, its not for gaming, its for host OS

I don't know, but you can look through the techpower ROM database and run
rom-parser on them to see which have UEFI.  Blank's GT610 may be just fine
for what you need, but it's not a current generation card.  When I got the
UEFI ROM upgrade for my GTX 660 from EVGA, they indicated that UEFI support
wasn't standard on 600 series but was more so on 700 and newer.