[vfio-users] does i915 VGA arbiter patch workable for kernel 4.1?

Cong Zhang congzhangzh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 14:53:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

    I try to make VGA pass through work for my host with i915 IGD+Nvidia
GTX 660, it works well when I use kvm+OVMF

    But it's not work for -smbios, I try to manually apply the patch from
https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/5/9/517 , but that's not help.

    Some background: I try to run mac os x 10.10.5 in kvm, it's works well,
just a little slow, I think that's because lack of GPU support, so I try
VGA pass through. I need chameleon boot loader which does not work with
uefi mode, so i try to patch my host kernel.

    Some information maybe useful:  I use Debian testing under uefi mode,
and I need intel_iommu=on,igfx_off to make IGP work, it will not work if
lack of igfx_off! I build kernel with version 4.1.6 from debian by apt-get
source linux.

Thanks,
Cong