[vfio-users] Trouble passing through USB Root Hub

Jonathan Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:43:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a USB audio card that makes static noises when passed through. This
is a known issue here, so I thought to pass through the whole USB Root Hub
to the VM.

My system lists three USB Root hubs 2x EHCI and 1x XHCI ones when doing
lspci.

The issue is that no matter what port I plug a device in, it always shows
up under the same root hub when using either USB Viewer or lsusb. Though,
lsusb shows me as having four root hubs, but lspci only lists three. How
can I tell what root hub a device is really plugged into so I can pass it
through to the VM?

Thanks,
Jon