[vfio-users] Unbind Vfio Passthrough = general protection fault

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:34:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:26 AM, <nahoxou at netcourrier.com> wrote:

> Thanks for withopf deveject good tool who i use as a shutdown task
> schedule. I have new improvements now on xserver :
> In a first host boot i get 4/5 vm cycles success.
> Second host boot same 4/5 result!
> The 5th attempt fail in both case.
> Another idea please?
> Well we're almost there...

What does the xserver have to do with anything?  If I just blacklist
nouveau and let libvirt bind and unbind devices to vfio-pci around starting
the VM, I don't have any problems.  Even if you were to attempt to unbind
the devices from vfio-pci while they're in use by QEMU, the unbind should
be blocked until QEMU releases the devices.