[vfio-users] amd gpu not being seen

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:40:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Ryan Clawfish <chimmychainsaw at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> My main issue is i keep getting an error saying "failed to get group 17"
> and "/dev/vfio/17 does not exist."  If i ls -a my /dev , i see /dev/vfio
> does not exist. I created it using mkdir, chmod 666 it and added it in
> /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf but the error persists.

So all along, you've probably been trying to use legacy KVM device
assignment, which led too the Code 43 with the GeForce card.  Too bad,
IMHO, the 770 was a better card.  vfio has been the default for PCI hostdev
devices since libvirt 1.1.3 and /dev/vfio/ should be present even before
vfio is load since kernel v3.14.  Are you even building vfio support into
your kernel?