[vfio-users] R9 380 Performance Issues

Alexander Epp alex at piconino.de
Tue Apr 5 17:53:39 UTC 2016

You need to pin the cores. And you should not use the ht-siblings for
the guest, but for emulator. Something like:

  <vcpu placement='static'>6</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='7'/>
    <emulatorpin cpuset='10-15'/>
  </cputune>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='6' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>

see Alex's notes at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2015-September/msg00041.html