[vfio-users] Patched qemu on arch

Jonathan Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:37:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

Qemu has the input patches in git now, so more than likely coming in the
next 2.6 which is in RC release, so not much longer. You can use the
qemu-git from AUR for now and then switch back over to main release when
2.6 final is out. You will be pulling RC code from git, so it will be more
stable than a true envelopment branch.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qemu-git/

Or, you could download the pacman source files for stable qemu, and add the
patches to the build file and then make it. There's a really good tutorial
on Arch Wiki on how to modify and compile your own packages. You can grab
the needed files from:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/qemu/

That's one thing I love about Arch, you can grab their package sources very
easily without hunting for them, and the tools support external builds
really easily. :) I use to write Arch pacman scripts, and might be able to
help you our, but you should be able to follow where to put the patches.

Jon