[vfio-users] Guest does not boot OS with GPU passed through, stuck at TianoCore boot splash

Stefan Seil stefan.seil at gmx.net
Mon Apr 11 19:47:20 UTC 2016

I am already running on 4.5, so that should be fine. The OVMF version I
was using was a couple of months old, so I just got a newer one from
https://www.kraxel.org/repos/jenkins/edk2/ and pointed the respective
XML tag to the newer OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd, but that did not change
anything.
I guess your card is from a different manufacturer then and thus has a
different ROM? Because if I try to use the standard ROM of my card (as
in not explicitly passing any rom file to the VM at all), I don't get
any output on the monitor connected to the card at all.
What exactly do you mean with "AMD cards also have the option of running
as secondary graphics devices in many cases"?