[vfio-users] nvidia GT 705 pass-through failed

Nicolas Roy-Renaud nicolas.roy-renaud.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Tue Apr 12 17:23:40 UTC 2016

What error are you getting in the Windows device manager? If you're
getting error 43, you have to mask your hypervisor either by disabling
the hypervclock (check part 4 on aw's guide
<http://vfio.blogspot.ca/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-4-our-first.html>)
or by spoofing your hv_vendor_id (as explained here
<https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/479xnx/guests_with_nvidia_gpus_can_enable_hyperv/>).
The former can have a pretty noticeable impact on your performance,
though, so you'll probably want to go with the second option if you're
ok with using a nightly build of qemu.