[vfio-users] Fedora 23 ACS Patch

Brett Peckinpaugh erylflynn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 01:17:59 UTC 2016

Thanks for any help in advance.

I am trying to create a patched kernel for Fedora 23.  I have downloaded
from the Kernel archive the 4.5.1 source files.  I can compile to rpm,
install and run from this source. When I attempt to patch I fail at
different steps based on which ACS patch I try.

I compile by the following steps.
make menuconfig
make rpm

To patch:
make menuconfig
cat pathtofile/acs_patch.diff | patch -p1
make rpm

Depending on the ACS patch, sometimes it fails at the cat step,
sometimes it fails at the make rpm step.

First, is what I am doing on the right track? If not is there a guide to
do this? If I am on the right track, which ACS patch should I use, and
if I run into issues what should I do or look for?  I can't seem to
locate logs for when it fails to help me trouble shoot what is wrong.