[vfio-users] Radeon R9 290 passthrough to Win10 guest - bsod/reboot on driver install

Quentin Deldycke quentindeldycke at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:17:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

Here is my vfio .xml:
https://github.com/qdel/scripts/blob/master/vfio/win10.xml

for info, i7 4790k, asrock extreme 6 (z 97), r9 290

I had in the past problem of bsod during driver install, but not anymore
using latest versions. It work nearly flawlessly.
I use suspend of vm while suspending the host... sometimes, at restart the
gpu crash and crash the host (1 out of 10 resume, not so good ration...) at
this moment, i cannot enter windows:

   - After the blue windows logo, the load of driver make crash the pc. In
   this case i need to enter safe mode, run a little "display driver
   uninstaller", reboot reinstall driver and re-work :).

I speak of radeon, because if you switch from radeon driver to vfio during
runtime, you need to know that radeon does not let the card in a clean
state...

--
Deldycke Quentin