[vfio-users] connect bridge without connection to the local network?

thibaut noah thibaut.noah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:33:57 UTC 2016

So my cpl died last night, thus i cannot connect to my freebox and my local
network (neither internet obviously).

>From what i understand of a bridge it should be possible to still have a
connection between my host and my guest even though i don't have a cable
plug in my ethernet card since it is a software bridge?

I have a samba share on my zfs which contains all my datas and i want to be
able to access them during the few days i will spend without connection  (i
need some time to buy a new cpl).

Apparently i would need to use static ip for this?
I modify my netctl bridge file according to this though i don't understand
everything.
Seems my ip adress would be 10.0.0.1, what is the /24 for? and can i put
just anything for the ip adress?
This file is enough for my vm to boot with the bridge on though synergy
fails to launch (cannot find a local network).

I assume the ideal solution would be to create a virtual local network with
my guest and host only though i don't know what will happen when the
internet will come back.

Description="Local bridge network"
Interface=br-lan
Connection=bridge
BindsToInterfaces=(enp6s5)
#IP=no
IP=static
IPCustom=('addr add dev br-lan 10.0.0.1/24 brd +' )

Address=('10.0.0.1/24')
DNS=('84.255.209.79' '84.255.210.79')