[vfio-users] connect bridge without connection to the local network?

Okky Hendriansyah okky.htf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:48:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 6:28 PM, thibaut noah <thibaut.noah at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Static ip for the host seems to be fine, my only problem is with the guest
> now.
>
> Yes i have libvirt installed, so if i enable virbr0 in my host and use it
> as a source on my vm i should be fine?
>
> I currently have an interface of type bridge in my xml which uses br-lan (my
> host bridge i pasted above) as source, model type is virtio.

If you already have libvirt installed, I think you probably would like to
utilize virbr0 instead of changing your Internet-enabled interface
(br-lan), so you can go back using br-lan if you have Internet connection
reestablished. I think virbr0 has built-in DHCP also via dnsmasq [1], so
you do not have to statically assign the guest IP address.

[1] http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirtualNetworking

Best regads,
Okky Hendriansyah