[vfio-users] I am confused about Intel GPU status

Nick S nick.kvmhv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 23:02:43 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I remember reading that to use Intel GPU on your host you need to patch
your kernel. Is it still required? The reason I am asking is that I watched
the "30k PC" video from Alex blog and it looks like they are using
motherboard GPU for host there with no issues. Also, is it required for
OVMF virtual machines? I am trying to chose another motherboard for my
virtualization PC and I would like to maximize the PCIE slots available for
passthrough.

Thank you,
Nick