[vfio-users] GTX 570 EFI support

Ben J btpprograms at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 05:50:48 UTC 2016

I am currently using a GTX 580 for passthrough. The 500 series does not
support UEFI as far as I'm aware. If I remember correctly, that error
occured when the card was already claimed by something. My card is very
finnicky about getting claimed so I usually need to 'reboot' the card after
freeing it from the NVIDIA driver or a VM. I just do this by suspending but
I'm sure there's another way to power cycle just the card. You definitely
need to use one of the older tutorials, any one that uses EFI won't work
for you.

I would try launching the card with PCI stub and then pulling the ROM,
maybe vfio-pci is somehow claiming the card. My current procedure is to
launch both GTX 580's with PCI stub initially and then bind one to vfio and
the other to NVIDIA for my host OS. Not sure how to help with your specific
problem but I can share more about my setup if it would help. I'm using a
Win 7 guest so that could be a difference.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson at redhat.com