[vfio-users] USB >>port<< passthrough

Jayme Howard g.prime at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 18:09:39 UTC 2016

You can't pass the port itself.  You can pass individual devices attached
to a port, but the latency can get weird sometimes.  I had pretty
significant problems when I did it that way.  I opted to use Francisco's
solution above, with a slight adjustment.  I have a dedicated card that
gets allocated to the VM.  Connected to that, and to one of the host's USB
ports, I have a USB A/B switch.  Connected to the switch is a 4 port hub.
Connected to the hub is my keyboard and mouse.  All I have to do to switch
the inputs from the host to the guest and back is to choose A or B on the
switch, and a few seconds later all input is directed to the correct
location.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 5:28 AM, Quentin Deldycke <quentindeldycke at gmail.com